We used the TripAdvisor.com website extensively when we were planning our overseas trip in 2010 and found it an excellent resource for reviews of restaurants, hotels and other accommodation and when I saw they had produced an app I set a reminder to review it to see how it stacks up against the website. I’m pleasantly surprised I must say as most, if not all the functions have been duplicated.
If you are not familiar with how TripAdvisor works, it is a website that travellers use to read and write their own reviews of hotels, restaurants, airlines and holiday destinations. It is an excellent way to check out accommodation prior to booking, even though you need to ensure that you read a reasonable number of reviews to ensure you don’t get the wrong impression – favourable or otherwise – as some of the glowing reviews are obviously written by the management. On the other hand some of the negative reviewers complain about the most minor of things – you wonder if they would ever be satisfied!
The TripAdvisor mobile app is free and easy to use.
• Browse millions of reviews, opinions, videos and candid photos by travelers
• Find the best hotel for you, including Travelers’ Choice award winners
• Explore restaurants by food type, price range, and rating
• Discover cool things to do in any destination
• Compare airfares and find great deals
• Use Near Me Now to discover options near you or any address you enter
• Get answers to your specific travel questions in the forums
• Add your own reviews and photos
If you are planning a trip, give the app a try and let us know what you think in the comments.
Price : FREE
Size : varies with device
Needs : varies with device